Local Authority COVID 19 Business Restart Grants
Applications for the Restart Grant can be made online to local authorities from today Friday 22nd May.
A €250 million Restart Fund has been created nationally to help micro and small enterprises with the costs of reopening during Covid-19. The fund will operate through a system of rebates/waivers of commercial rates payments from 2019. Companies will receive a total amount equivalent to no more than their 2019 rates bill and that there will be a cap per business of €10,000. The grant can be used to pay ongoing fixed costs, for replenishing stock and for measures needed to ensure employee and customer safety.
To receive the grant, a business must:
- Be in the local authority’s Commercial Rates Payment System
- Have an annual turnover of less than €5 million and employ between 1 to 50 people
- Have closed or suffered a projected 25% or more loss in turnover to the end June 2020
- Commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed
- Declare the intention to retaining employees that are on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and to reemploy staff on the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment where applicable
The application form is available online from all local authority websites.
Find more information on further supports to businesses here.
Brexit Bite - What Food Businesses Need to Know WebinarOctober 2020
Do you own a food business? The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has a new series of free online Brexit webinars to help you get your food business Brexit […]
Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy publishedSeptember 2020
Savour Food welcomes the publication of the Waste Action Plan for a Circular Economy by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and the Environment. The Waste Action Plan for a […]
Watch the webinar: Driving bookings in September and beyondSeptember 2020
These live webinars from Fáilte Ireland were recorded and can be watched back here. As businesses move beyond the initial reopening and relaunching phase, it is important to look ahead […]
EPA National Waste Event 2020September 2020
The EPA National Waste Event will be streamed via a web-based app on 16 & 17 September. Registered delegates can access the event program on tablets, laptops, or desktop devices. […]