Local Authority COVID 19 Business Restart Grants
Applications for the Restart Grant can be made online to local authorities from today Friday 22nd May.
A €250 million Restart Fund has been created nationally to help micro and small enterprises with the costs of reopening during Covid-19. The fund will operate through a system of rebates/waivers of commercial rates payments from 2019. Companies will receive a total amount equivalent to no more than their 2019 rates bill and that there will be a cap per business of €10,000. The grant can be used to pay ongoing fixed costs, for replenishing stock and for measures needed to ensure employee and customer safety.
To receive the grant, a business must:
- Be in the local authority’s Commercial Rates Payment System
- Have an annual turnover of less than €5 million and employ between 1 to 50 people
- Have closed or suffered a projected 25% or more loss in turnover to the end June 2020
- Commit to remain open or to reopen if it was closed
- Declare the intention to retaining employees that are on the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme and to reemploy staff on the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment where applicable
The application form is available online from all local authority websites.
Find more information on further supports to businesses here.
Fáilte Ireland Food Tourism E-commerce WebinarFebruary 2021
Fáilte Ireland is hosting a business supports webinar to assist food service businesses interested in maximising online opportunities for off premise dining, special occasions and year-round gifting from an e-commerce […]
Pathways to the circular economy webinar seriesJanuary 2021
Interested in learning more about Circular Economy or sustainable business? The future of food & bioeconomy, financing the circular transition, rethinking packaging: these are some of the topics that will […]
Find out more about the e-toolDecember 2020
Check out this video for a snapshot of the e-tool and what it provides.
Upcoming SeminarsDecember 2020
Are you interested in tackling food waste in your business? If you work in or run a food service business, you are welcome to attend an upcoming free seminar about […]